Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Yellow Cow Korean BBQ was a great experience!!!-



Yellow Cow Korean BBQ, California offers a variety of menu items and great customer service.

Keiunta:  I have not had Korean BBQ since I was a child or least that is what I have heard. I say that, because I cannot remember.  When Ari, my son and I went to eat at Yellow Cow Korean BBQ, we were like fish out of water.  We had no idea what we were in store for.  First, it was pleasing to see people waiting outside to be seated and when we walked in we were greeted by Monica.  She was so friendly.  I immediately knew our dining experience was going to be good.  As many of you know Ari is a vegetarian and my son and I do not eat beef or pork.    We told Monica and she said she would give us all seafood.  She brought out large, shrimp, calamari, and a host of sides, dried fish eggs, potato salad, dried squid, salad, rice paper, and some of other sides I cannot remember, but do know they were good and can you believe after all of that she served us cooked cod.  It seemed as though there was so much food brought to the table all at once, some of it was cooked and some raw.  I looked at the kids and said, "What are we supposed to do?"  Why ask them they did not know either.  I immediately turned to Monica and she began cooking some of the shrimp and told us to wrap it in our rice paper and add some of the salad, in which we were eating separately as salad.  Thank goodness Monica was there to guide us.  The night continued with Monica and a nice young man coming to our table checking on us.  I still have not figured out if we were supposed to cook the food, either way it was cooked and we really liked it.   Yellow Cow knows how to take care of their customers.  You have to go on an empty stomach, because they give you so much food.  We had to take left overs.  I know they served soups and water melon towards the end of the meal, but I missed it all together.  I went to another table to visit with my friend Jamie Gall, Minnesota Girl transplanted in LA, when I returned Ari and my son said they had water melon and opted to pass on the other foods, they were stuffed.  Wow....need I say more.  When we were leaving Monica walked us out and gave us all hugs.  If we are in the area and have a desire to eat Korean BBQ we will stop by Yellow Cow. 

Ari: Prior to arriving to Yellow Cow I was not sure what to expect, considering I have never had Korean BBQ. When my mom, brother, and I arrived we were genuinely greeted at the door. Very shortly after we were then seated by Monica. The warmth and friendliness of the staff definitely made the experience amazing. Like my mom mentioned, we were fish out of water and weren't sure where to start or what to do. Everyone was so eager to help us, and very accommodating to our food restrictions. The food was definitely like none I have eaten before, but it was great! If you like spicy foods, then Korean BBQ is for you. My mouth was on fire, but I continued to eat because it was so delicious. We started off with their shrimp wrapped in rice paper, between my mom and I, all you could here was mmmm sounds.  To finish it off we had their cod fish, which was by far my favorite! I had to take leftovers of the fish home, I certainly was not going to leave that behind. Great food and great people, make a great experience. Although I was not sure what to expect, I left very pleased with Yellow Cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment