We attended the Los Angeles County Fair preview and sampled some of the best food the fair has to offer.
New worlds are being discovered at the 2014 Los Angeles County Fair, from August 29 - September 28. This is a celebration of 92 years of Los Angeles County Fair.
Chicken Charlies was a huge hit for us. Ari had been dying to eat the Krispy Kreme burger, because she was a vegetarian when we attended last years preview and clearly she is no longer a vegetarian. This was her first time having beef in years.
I can say the fried Oreos were my favorite. This is something I have been wanting to try for a while. They were more than what I expected. They were yummy, delicious, melt in your mouth good!
Chance attended this event with us. He knows that I do not eat beef or pork. When he discovered Mrs. C's Famous Egg Rolls, he kept bringing me more and more. He and I could not get enough of the chicken egg rolls, veggie egg rolls and coconut shrimp.
Ari is beginning to look like she ate a lot, but as soon as we arrived she sampled Juicy's- funnel cake sausage dog. She instantly liked it. She said it reminded her of sausages my mother makes. That is a compliment, because my mom is known for her good cooking skills.
There was a lot to choose from. The three of us were all able to find foods that we liked. All of these vendors provided great food, for a fun kick off of the LACF.
- Mrs. C's Famous- Egg rolls and coconut shrimp,
- Cornucopia Foods -wood grilled flatbread topped with toppings from The Farm, Coconut Water,
- Glissando Capital- Ramen Burger,
- Juicy's- funnel cake sausage dog
- Lori's Concessions- rellono pretzel burger, blue cheese burger
- Ray Cammack Show - Big Daddy Corn Dogs, Gluten Free Big Rib, Big Chicken, Biggy Sausage, Deep Fried Pecan Pie, Deep Fried Pickle Chips, Tequila Jalapeno Pickle Popper and Assorted Gluten Free Candy Kettle Corn, Chocolate Covered Rice Krispy, Strawberries and bacon and mini cinnamon rolls.
We definitely had a wonderful time and will be returning. We only get food like this once a year.
Disclosure: Product/compensation was received in exchange for review.