Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Hof's Hut Restaurant and Bakery Review- Hof's Hut Torrance, California



If you are looking for an old school dining experience, Hof's Hut offers just that.   Does anyone remember dining out with your family and having yummy garlic, cheese bread at the local diners?  I do...This was one time I was able to share a piece of my childhood with my children.  Hof's Hut has the best cheesy, garlic bread.

I now garlic, cheese bread may not seem like a lot, but if I closed my eyes I had taken a trip back in time. 

We went to Hof's Hut with what we thought were empty bellies.  I clearly forgot how dining out when I was a child, you got large servings of food.  We ordered potato skins for starters.  We were completely surprised by the oversized, fully loaded skins.  We had never seen or tasted potato skins like these before.  They were amazing! 




After eating this hefty serving of skins, one would know not to order anything heavy after that.  Not us, we bought into the warm smile of our waitress and her encouraging voice to try certain items.  We  order the kids chicken fingers for the little guy and, shrimp scampi for Ari and the sea food sampler for me.  What were we thinking???  Hof's Hut believes in making sure their customers are pleasantly full. 

It did not end there.  We were convinced to try the desserts.  I ordered pecan pie al mode, Ari had pumpkin pie with whipped cream and my son ordered the kids dessert.  How were we going to get home.  Like most people after eating all of this delicious food we would want to take a nap.  We did not opt for a nap we went go carting instead.  Gotta keep the body moving after this.




The pies were very delicious.  Ari was very impressed by the whipped cream.  She said it was the best she ever had.  When I asked what type of whipped cream they used I was told it was freshly made, daily by Hof's Hut along with the pies.   We thought we ordered a slice of pie, but shortly discovered Hof's does not sell slices, only individual, mini pies.  There was no way we were going to eat all of that pie.  Yes, we had to take leftovers home. 

We are still full from eating at Hof's Hut.  Seriously, this was a great dining experience and I am glad to have had an opportunity to share an old school dining experience with my children.

If you are looking for an old school dining experience, Hof's Hut can give you what you are looking for.

Disclosure:  Product/compensation was received in exchange for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment